16 May 2008

Lost.

Ok, so some of you may have noticed my little-used 'Lost' blog. If you don't know what Lost is, go crawl back under your rock. For the rest of you, I'm not going to go on about it - I just want to gripe about the state of television in Holland.

I'm a huge Lost fan. It's a fantastic show - although it has become considerably less fantastic than it was at the beginning. Season three was really when it started to collapse, but I'm glad to see the writers taking their time this season trying to reclaim some of their former glory. The flash-forwards this season are a welcome addition - but who is the sixth? And does the baby count as one?

I digress. My complaint - Holland is one of the few countries that doesn't broadcast the new episodes within about 24 hours of their original broadcast stateside. We not only get it on Sunday, but we're also several episodes behind. It's absolutely heinous. And they're still showing season 2 of Ugly Betty and trying to pass that off as new! As far as I know, even the insular media of China is doing better. What is wrong with television here? Hell, we're still watching Malcolm in the Middle every night on our weird, twisted version of Comedy Central. When was that show on? Last century, I think.

The bottom line: TV in Europe sucks.

4 comments:

Nonni said...

We have 'Walker' Texas Ranger' and 'Becker.' Oh,and 'Diagnosis Murder.'

thayne said...

Oh Lord Almighty.....how far behind are you?? I'm obsessed with that show. I even actually liked the slow start of the third season....there's a lot there that will come back into play I'm sure. This season has been most frustrating to me....they seem to gain momentum then pull back. I won't refer to specifics until I know exactly how much you've seen. If you want your Lost thirst quenched, go to http://www.cucirca.com/2007/05/12/watch-lost-online/ ...they already have last night's episode up. They're good like that.

kiki b said...

I'm totally obsessed, too. BitTorrent keeps me current on it - I watched this week's episode last night. I tried the sites with streaming video for a while, but they stream SO slow it's not worth it.

At least now we have confirmation on all 6 of the Oceanic Six. I didn't think they'd count Aaron, but apparently they did. And now we also know how and when Jack finds out that Claire was his sister/Aaron his nephew...

The obvious question now - since Sun and Jin are both on the freighter, how does one of them survive and the other end up dead?

thayne said...

Yeah.....I'm not sure if the Oceanic 6 are the only survivors to EVER get off the island, or the only ones to leave this season - I mean, we've seen Benjamin Linus off the island in what is presumably a flash forward. Of course, I guess he's not a crash survivor. Hm. Either way, Jin is staying put; I just hope they don't kill him off. What I'm wondering MOST about is A: How do they move the island? and B: What the hell is that smoke monster?. And actually C: What's up with the mascara guy that never ages? I doubt I'll get answers this season.